When it comes to unwanted fat, certain parts of the body are more prone to developing problems than others. The arms are a prime example. Flabby arms are a surprisingly common complaint among men and women alike, although women tend to be more affected by this problem – especially as they age. If you are struggling to lose arm fat, try these three simple workouts to start seeing results right away:
- Reduce Body Fat With Interval Training
Unfortunately, there is no way to target a specific area on your body when it comes to losing fat. That means that if you want to lose fat on the back of your arms, you need to lower your overall body fat percentage. One of the best ways to do that is through interval training.
With this type of training, you alternate between working out at a moderate intensity and a high intensity, switching back and forth between the two. For instance, if you are running, you might alternate between jogging for one minute and sprinting for one minute. This gives your metabolism a real boost, which can lead to quick fat loss.
- Lift Hand Weights
Invest in a set of small dumbbells, ranging anywhere from about 3 to 10 pounds. To work your entire arm area, try performing these exercises:
– Do three sets of 10 bicep curls on each arm, pausing for several seconds between each set.
– Do three sets of 10 tricep kickbacks per arm. Again, rest between each set to give your muscles time to recover.
– Do 10 military presses, lifting the dumbbells straight up over your head to work your shoulders. Repeat this exercise three times.
– Do three sets of 10 push-ups. This will work your entire arm area and your chest, helping to tone and tighten the muscles. Start on your knees if necessary, working up to your toes as you get stronger.
- Lose Arm Fat By Jumping Rope
Jumping rope is not only fun but it is one of the most effective ways to lose body fat. Swinging the rope around provides a great upper body workout. Additionally, you burn a ton of calories by repeatedly lifting your body weight off of the ground each time you jump. Doing just 10 to 15 minutes of jumping rope each day can make a huge difference in your overall level of fitness, and can help you quickly lose excess fat on your arms.
These three simple workouts are some of the most effective options for toning your arms and getting rid of unwanted fat.